Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

testing

And so I have a big baby. :) 4 months old and officially 22.85 pounds. You can take a look at the picture below and check it out for yourself. I just HAD to have evidence... and I even think this pic is about 2 or 3 weeks old.


Uh, I'm trying hard not to totally grab him wrong, but it just looks awkward anyways!

We went to Dax's 4 month check up and the doctor was a little worried. (REALLY?!?!? NOW? You weren't worried when he was 17 lbs at 2 months but now you're worried.... sheesh...) My mom has been encouraging me to have some blood work drawn up on Dax. So we did. And boy did he scream.

I actually had to take him to Quest Diagnostics the next day because the nurses couldn't get his blood. So we're waiting until tomorrow or Tuesday to get the results. We're looking at his thyroid, growth hormone, some type of syndrome dealing with his kidney or liver... I forget which.

But it's all in the Lord's hands. I'm just a little disappointed because I wanted to start feeding him baby food and to see this next fun stage or development. Not wanting a 50 lb one year old.... um, we're holding off on that for awhile.

So Dax continues on. Sweet baby as he is. What a blessing he is to our family! Everyone should have a baby like him. Too bad they can't! He's mine. :)

No comments: