Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Packing... again

Well, after 1 1/2 years we are moving again.  This time it's only 45 minutes north to Port St. Lucie and a much easier move than previous ones as it can be done in stages over a week or so.  Dave is spearheading this one up as much as possible since I'm still teaching.  Plus, I did most of the packing to Cleveland and then 6 months later to New Orleans.  For some reason, I don't feel so bad!  

So we started the process today.  Dave took apart the beds and moved the frames downstairs along with other larger pieces of furniture. I was washing loads of laundry and doing other household chores.  I was a little frustrated when a realtor showed up unexpectedly with a couple that I relatively know.  AUGH.  I DO NOT like it when  people come to my house and it is not in top shape.  (Which woman does? I would like to smack some sense in her...) 

At least in 1 week I'll be in a house with about 3 times the amount of space we have now. Gotta keep on truckin'.

****Which I must throw this in:  I thought we had saved all of our boxes from our New Orleans move. Apparently, Dave was kind enough to give them to some poor soul who needed them AHEM, and now we are back at square one.  Can you tell he is the giver between the two of us? And now we're looking for boxes..... again.******

2 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

oh my goodness! I HATE moving! I HATE boxes! I HATE finding boxes. Ugh. Sorry... I just cannot mince words about this one! Even in college, my mom would have to come and help me pack up, I just become paralyzed! Are you guys changing jobs too? or just houses?

Dave and Amy Carroll said...

just houses to be closer to the church. 4 moves in 2 years.... i'm officially tired of moving. usually i like it because i can clean out and organize things. i'm more of a "thrower" than a "keeper."

BUT we are LOVING the space! the house is about 3 times the size of our last place. :)