Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Friday, October 31, 2008

sarah palin


here's a funny story from our trip to delaware.

we arrived in baltimore around 9-ish, waiting to deplane.  as we were the last passengers off the plane, i decided to take my time collecting out carry-ons and had yet to pick up drew's car seat plane-side. i was trying not to become agitated with the service we were receiving when all of the sudden, some male flight attendant starting running at me screaming, "SARAH PALIN!!!!! AHHHH!!!" at the top of his lungs, mind you.

now, i have previously received a couple of comments from some parents about how i resemble sarah palin (especially when i wear my glasses).  one parent even gave me a 'fist bump' telling me to rock it out! funny.

anyways, dave said he was a little startled with some man freaking out and hugging me in the terminal.  i think he realized he had nothing to worry about when this stranger started lifting my hair and describing how i would look more like gov. palin if i had my hair up.  enough said.  

what do you think?  we've toyed with the idea of putting me in a suit for halloween. :)




sarah and optimus prime.  you didn't know such existed in south florida.

i might need to learn to tease my hair a little more.....



1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

Oh, that's FUNNY! I do see the resemblance.

Herb, that you went to visit, is that Tory McCartney's brother? The McCartney's were great friends of ours in seminary and I (think I) remember her brother's name is Herb.

And to answer your q...I'm due in about 2 1/2 weeks! Can't believe it!