Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Time to party

It's over and it was fun!!! I can't believe how many people we had at the house. Had to over 100 crazy Floridians in this heat. One of my friends took pics and I'll try to get them up soon. I need a new version of iphoto or something. So we'll see.

We rented 2 bounce houses, had one HUGE slip 'n slide with tons of soap, and a little slip 'n slide for the little guests. Add some water balloons and shaving cream.... ahhhhh, the life. Plus one youth pastor veteran: Dave Carroll. He is crazy, did ya know?!?!? He even had some of the other men join him on the slip 'n slide.

Just from talking to Dave and my dad, it seemed like the objective was reached: to gather a mess of unchurched and churched together and let God work. Dad had the opportunity to talk to another father about raising children in love. Dave had the chance to talk to several about the Lord too. So neat.

But the coolest thing to me was Aiden's prayer right before we cut the cake. Dave leaned down and asked him in his ear if he would like to pray, and Aiden said yes.

What a prayer from my 7 year old. In the back of my mind, I was hoping he wouldn't say something about how he wished he would get tons of money or something! But he didn't.

He said something to the effect of thanking the Lord for all the people that came and for the opportunity to worship God. So awesome. It was truly a time where everyone was focused as he prayed loudly and unashamedly. Afterwards, the crowd murmured a quiet 'wow' and then broke into applause.

If people left and just had a taste of what God is like through my little boy.... then AWESOME.

On a lighter note, we had plenty of food and goodie bags. I asked God ahead of time to multiply and divide. He did! We had just enough of everything.

Thanks for those who were praying with us. We're looking forward to the next time we can do something like this. :)

No comments: