Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dr. Angela Hunt

On Friday, the Christian teachers in Palm Beach County met for a day of inservice.  Honestly, it was quite long and was difficult to sit for most of the day.  I did win $25 Lowe's gift card in a drawing, promptly handing it to my husband when I returned home.  I know my place.

One of the speakers was Dr. Angela Hunt, author of multiple non-fiction, children's, and fiction books. I was so impressed with her presence and poise as she spoke to a room full of educators.  She was funny, yet articulate. Not only did she speak on Plot Structure during a workshop, but she also shared her thoughts on 'calling' vs. 'tasks.'   

As Christians, we are 'called' to love the Lord and to serve Him.  Our TASKS are the things in which we are currently involved.  I am CALLED as a Christian to love the Lord, but my current TASK is a pastor's wife, mother, and teacher.  Our TASKS can change, but our CALLING remains the same.  

I enjoyed her message with the spattering of humor.  Anyone who knows me realizes how humor is one of my valued traits.  If you are truly funny-without being crude- then I appreciate you as a person. Aren't you grateful?!?!
 



Dr. Angela Hunt

Check her out.  I heard one of her books was made into a movie for T.V. and was played over Christmas break. I love the fact that a Christian author is successful and is making a difference in the world.  

No comments: